Filipino `fil` localization team

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Apr 3 23:00:16 BST 2023

El dilluns, 3 d’abril de 2023, a les 12:28:42 (CEST), IverCoder va escriure:
> Good day!

Please subscribe to the mailing list before you send your next email.

> I would like to help with translating to Filipino fil. However, I saw that
> there's no localization team for it.
>
> While there is already a Tagalog tl team, the tl language tag is no longer
> good to use as Tagalog has long been superseeded by Filipino (according to
> a legal declaration by the Philippine government), and it causes conflicts
> on systems which do not recognize the tl tag, therefore it would be better
> to localize using the fil tag.

Why would be erase the Tagalog language translation?

That seems like a very bad way to start your conversation.

If you want to translate to Filipino that's fine, but don't ask for an existing
translation to be removed.

> So I would like to ask for guidance and permission to start localizing to
> Filipino fil. I hope to help out on KDE being made available to more
> people.

The first thing we ask people that want to create a new team is to
translate kcoreaddons, kio and kxmlgui as close to 100% as possible and send
them to me in private (no need to bother the rest of the people in the mailing
list with those files).

https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kcoreaddons/
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kio/
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kxmlgui/

Do you need help with how the translation workflow works?

Best Regards,
  Albert