reuse compliance and imported po/ (specifically for kde-inotify-survey)

Nicolas Fella nicolas.fella at gmx.de
Fri Oct 21 22:22:51 BST 2022

Am 21.10.22 um 23:03 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El dimarts, 18 d’octubre de 2022, a les 13:00:51 (CEST), Harald Sitter va
> escriure:
>> now also specifically kio-admin :)
> You may want to relax your checks.
>
> Somehow forcing "your" (i.e. SPDX) way of doing copyright attribution on a file
> format that has an established way of doing copyright attribution doesn't seem
> like it's a great idea.

well, the whole reason why we (not just Harald) use SPDX is because it
allows us to automate a bunch of checks/things. The price we pay for
that there is no room for part of our sources being different.

However, there's a hack/workaround we applied to not make the CI fail:
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-utilities/-/commit/404fe50cc0055cf417e0712ab4843d80e4cc33e8

The reason Harald is still having this problem is that he's using the
wrong reuse job, i.e. we should use
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-utilities/raw/master/gitlab-templates/reuse-lint.yml
instead of the legacy
https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/ci-tooling/raw/master/invent/ci-reuse.yml.
The latter doesn't have that workaround applied.

That said long-term we should certainly aim for translations being
marked using SPDX, but using the appropriate job makes that less urgent.

Cheers

Nico

>> On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 12:50 PM Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Ahoy ahoy
>>>
>>> It'd be really lovely if everyone could sort out the licensing
>>> information in translations to establish reuse compliance. I now have
>>> my pipeline failing because ever so many translations are not
>>> compliant :(
>>>
>>> https://invent.kde.org/system/kde-inotify-survey/-/jobs/528415
>>>
>>> thx
>>> HS