kde-i18n-doc Digest, Vol 235, Issue 24

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Oct 21 22:04:49 BST 2022

El divendres, 14 d’octubre de 2022, a les 17:52:07 (CEST), Johnny Jazeix va
escriure:
> Yes, if each maintainer can do a sed, it should do the work.
>
> Another question is what licence should we use for po files? According to
> the wiki page (https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy):
> Translations of text from the files described in section 4 must be licenced
> under one of the terms in sections 4.
> And section 4 is:
> * LGPL-2.1-only OR LGPL-3.0-only OR LicenseRef-KDE-Accepted-LGPL: LGPL
> version 2.1, or version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of
> KDE e.V.
> * LGPL-2.1-or-later: LGPL version 2.1 or later
> * BSD-2-Clause: BSD License as listed below.
> * MIT: MIT license as listed below.
> * X11: X11 license as listed below.
>
> Is it up to the translation teams to decide?

To a degree yes, it has to be compatible with the app license, the simplest is
the "this translation uses whatever license of the app is" we use right now,
but that's probably also not SPDX compliant because reasons.