kde-i18n-doc Digest, Vol 235, Issue 24

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 16:52:07 BST 2022

Yes, if each maintainer can do a sed, it should do the work.

Another question is what licence should we use for po files? According to
the wiki page (https://community.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy):
Translations of text from the files described in section 4 must be licenced
under one of the terms in sections 4.
And section 4 is:
* LGPL-2.1-only OR LGPL-3.0-only OR LicenseRef-KDE-Accepted-LGPL: LGPL
version 2.1, or version 3 or later versions approved by the membership of
KDE e.V.
* LGPL-2.1-or-later: LGPL version 2.1 or later
* BSD-2-Clause: BSD License as listed below.
* MIT: MIT license as listed below.
* X11: X11 license as listed below.

Is it up to the translation teams to decide?

Cheers,

Johnny