Errors when translating documentation of Kdenlive and Krita to Slovenian

Alvin Wong alvin at alvinhc.com
Thu Nov 24 09:09:48 GMT 2022

Hi,

On 24/11/2022 5:16, Matjaž Jeran wrote:
> Slovenian team is trying to translate the documentation for Kdenlive and Krita.
> After translating number of files, we received a large number (106) of error messages for the .po files on
> https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/sl/documentation-docs-kdenlive-org/
> and
> https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/sl/websites-krita-org/
You probably meant
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/sl/websites-docs-krita-org/
(note the extra "-docs").
> See https://l10n.kde.org/check-kde-tp-results/trunk-kf5/sl/messages.html

They are false positives. These Sphinx docs uses reStructuredText markup
but it seems whatever script doing the error checking thinks they are
KDE4 markup, which they aren't.

If you want to check for errors in your translations, you have to build
the Sphinx docs with your translations locally and check the build log.

> We did some research and we suspect that the structure of maps for localization is incomplete. In comparison with other languages e.g. Slovakian there are two maps missing:
> sl/LC_MESSAGES in https://invent.kde.org/documentation/docs-kdenlive-org/-/tree/master/locale
> and
> sl/LC_MESSAGES in https://invent.kde.org/documentation/docs-krita-org/-/tree/master/locale

At least for the case of docs-krita-org, translations are only
synchronized to the current stable branch (currently `krita/5.1`). The
locale dir on the master branch contains stale leftover files from the
past. (We should probably remove it...) But it is indeed also missing on
the `krita/5.1` branch.

Our current policy is to only enable translations for the Krita
documentation when explicitly requested by the l10n team (it is
mentioned on
https://docs.krita.org/en/contributors_manual/krita_manual_readme.html#translating
). If you are confident with the quality of the translations please
don't hesitate to let us know, either via email or by filing an issue on
KDE Bugzilla (component "Documentation" under the product "krita").

Cheers,
Alvin Wong