Urdu and Punjabi Localization

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jul 4 23:36:03 BST 2022

Hello

El dilluns, 4 de juliol de 2022, a les 0:59:40 (CEST), TheBlueDot va escriure:
> Respectfully,
> I would like to provide localizations for Urdu and Punjabi(Pakistan) since I
> needed them for myself yet the support needs a lot of work. The UI is not
> localized for Urdu or Pakistani Punjabi at all so I would like to do that.

We do not have any localization files for Urdu.

The first thing we ask people that want to create a new team is to translate
kcoreaddons, kio and kxmlgui as close to 100% as possible and send them to me
in private (no need to bother the rest of the people in the mailing list with
those files).

https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kcoreaddons/
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kio/
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kxmlgui/

For Punjabi we do have some existing localization files, but there isn't anyone
working on them.

https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/pa/kcoreaddons/
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/pa/kio/
https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/pa/kxmlgui/

The idea would be the same, get them as close to 100% as possible and send
them to me in private (no need to bother the rest of the people in the mailing
list with those files).

Personally I would STRONGLY suggest you work on one language first only, it's
already a lot of work, and then if you have more time, start working on the
other.

Do you need help with how the translation workflow works?

> Furthermore, Urdu numerals are wrong, they should be exactly like the Pak
> Punjabi ones. The Time format also needs some work.

Numeral formating come from non KDE-controlled places, not sure if the glibc
locale or the CLDR files.  http://www.unicode.org/cldr/

Best Regards,
  Albert