Genderidentity

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Thu Jan 6 17:19:51 GMT 2022

Sorry, that follow the side discussion, that has not connected to the
translation problem in first place.

> yes, the aim is to have 2 distinct sets for the pedagogical point of view,
> it's a bit more complicated.

Me personally is not and was never ok with the gender the society gave me. And
I fight hard against the binary gender thinking everywhere. And I'm very happy
that we finally have a third Gender option for official documents in Germany
called non-binary (German: Divers). Today I had some with public authorities
about something else, but they were aware of this and didn't put me
automatically into the binary gender box. I was very amazed.

And than I read about this thread, that a program that is made for kids is
teaching them the binary gender system and are telling me that is a good thing
from a pedagogical point of view: Sorry NO! This is discriminating and making
it less likely that we will overcome with the discrimination.

I know it is hard but we should find a separation attribute, that is not
discriminating e.g. color of cloths.

Regards,

sandro