Please check build warnings for the Krita Manual (docs.krita.org)

Alvin Wong alvin at alvinhc.com
Sun Jan 2 08:13:01 GMT 2022

Hi Tyson,

> There are still some unmathced internal links, but they were added to
> provide additional links to related manual pages which I think should
> be useful.
I recommend making merge requests to improve the source too, so all
languages of the Manual can benefit from it.

> However, there is one particular link type I don't understand: `Word
> Word Word`_ (not :ref:`name`_).
The Sphinx documentation has this in
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/roles.html#role-ref
:

> Using |ref|
> <https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/roles.html#role-ref>
> is advised over standard reStructuredText links to sections (like
> |`Section title`_|) because it works across files, when section
> headings are changed, will raise warnings if incorrect, and works for
> all builders that support cross-references.
So I suppose it is a less reliable version of :ref: for same-page
section linking. It might be a good idea to try replacing them in the
source with :ref:, but that's for another day...

This markup also seem to have another use, which is separated link
definition:
https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/usage/restructuredtext/basics.html#external-links

I am not exactly sure how section names references and glossary terms
are handled with translation. Usually leaving the original in should be
safe and Sphinx should substitute it with the translated name. I also
remember once using the translated name in a :term: markup and it still
worked. I guess in some cases you really have to experiment to see how
Sphinx like them.

Cheers,

Alvin Wong

Tyson Tan 於 2/1/2022 15:39 寫道: