Belarusian 4 plural forms

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Aug 25 21:09:47 BST 2022

Please keep the mailing list in copy.

El dijous, 25 d’agost de 2022, a les 18:14:30 (CEST), Antikruk va escriure:
> I don't understand the situation.  Each language has its own number of
> forms.

Can you clarify what you don't understand of what i wrote?

I thought it was quite clear.
 - You said "we need 4 plural forms because the non integer numbers have their
own plural form"
 - i said "there's no messages that need that fourth form because all our
messages are about integer numbers exclusively"

> As I already wrote, many cat generate forms automatically, this
> cannot be changed.  I will have to edit the files manually.

Can't the tool you use be configured?

> This is a
> large amount of work.  I also looked at other languages ​​in the kde svn
> repository. For example, Ukrainian, which is the most related to the
> Belarusian language, has nplurals=4.(I see kcoreaddons). And everything
> seems to be working correctly. Maybe you were wrong?

I don't think I'm particularly wrong.

Can you please explain exactly what makes you think I am wrong?

I'm not saying any other nplurals can't be used.

I'm saying that I think the nplurals=3 is the correct one for "be".

For what is worth gettext agrees https://pst.klgrth.io/paste/4qg8a

Best Regards,
  Albert