Translate KDE to Bernese German

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Apr 6 00:08:58 BST 2022

El dimarts, 5 d’abril de 2022, a les 23:32:09 (CEST), Aron Szakacs va escriure:
> Dear translators and documenters,
>
> I would like to start translating KDE to Bernese German. I presume that
> there is no ongoing effort to do so, and in that case I would like to
> create a new language team for Bernese German on the language team page.
> I would be very happy if someone could help me set that up.

That's not going to be that easy, one of the important things when translating to a language is having a language code.

As far as I can see Bernese German doesn't have any language code, the closest (please accept my apologies if i'm saying something stupid here) I can find is gsw for Swiss German, which would also still be problematic because there doesn't seem to be a gsw locale in glibc.

Do you know of any other project that has translations to Bernese German (or Swiss German if it's at all "similar"?).