Traduction/Translation GCompris en/in Occitan gascon

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:29:42 BST 2021

albeHi,

Welcome!
You can use Lokalize (or PoEdit) to easily translate the po files. I
replied to you earlier from the GCompris support email to know which files
to translate.
In addition, to be supported by KDE translation system, one other file,
unrelated to GCompris, needs to be translated: kcoreaddons5_qt.po
<https://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kcoreaddons/kcoreaddons5_qt.pot?revision=1608236&content-type=text%2Fplain>
(less than 100 strings).

@kde-i18n-doc team: there is a potential issue with Occitan to be handled:
there are several dialects for it:  Languedocien
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languedocien_dialect>, Gascon
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gascon_language>... (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occitan_language) but they all share the same
ISO code (oc).
They have different IETF <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IETF_language_tag>.
Is there a way to differentiate them in KDE? Maybe like for Catalan and
Valencian?

Cheers,

Johnny