Hunting for strings

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Oct 20 22:06:07 BST 2021

середа, 20 жовтня 2021 р. 23:53:50 EEST ви написали:
> Thanks a lot again, but now I am even more confused. So I do need
> qtcreator as well and I have to submit some translations to the
> developers there as well, right?

No. Linguist or Lokalize is enough. You can submit the file directly through the github interface ("Add file" in the right upper corner).

> 20.10.21 22:27 hodź. Yuri Chornoivan napisa:
> > середа, 20 жовтня 2021 р. 21:43:55 EEST ви написали:
> >
> > I am using KDE neon. What I would like to know is what I have to check
> > out in order to translate it. You mentioned apt and sddm, but where are
> > the po-files to translate them?
> > Not sure about APT, but SDDM translations are here
> >
> > https://github.com/sddm/sddm/tree/develop/data/translations
> >
> >> I tried your routine and I was told e.g.
> >> that 'Password' is mentioned in knewstuff5.mo, but when checking out
> >> trunk and stable I did not get a knewstuff5.po ...
> > https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/team/hsb/knewstuff/
>
> Yes, I have found this myself meanwhile. But how can I check it out so I
> will be able to commit it afterwards? I did not get it in trunk ...

You can use Lokalize project with templates from trunk

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/lokalize/lokalize/project-view.html

Just add the corresponding checkout folder into your configuration.

Quick start:

https://rabbitictranslator.com/wordpress/index.php/2020/02/24/contributing-to-kde-simple-localization/

> > Where is the rest of the kde-related po-files?
> > Might be in /usr/share/locale-langpack/ (Ubuntu invention).
>
> No such thing here ... I have /usr/share/locale and /usr/share/locales
> which is empty

Meh... My Ubuntu knowledge is very limited... Sorry for misguiding.