Hunting for strings

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Oct 20 19:18:20 BST 2021

середа, 20 жовтня 2021 р. 20:11:58 EEST Eduard Werner написано:
> Hello,
>
> I am hunting for several strings which I do not find in my checked-out
> po-files. Among them are the strings for the KDE Update manager or the
> login/lock screen (things like "Updates" or "Password").
>
> So I think that I just haven't got everything when I checked out the
> stable gui stuff ... what am I missing?
>

> Best
>

> Edi

Hi,

It would be good to know the distribution...

I guess that some translations from SDDM or apt are missing.

You can try something like this

for i in `find /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES -name '*.mo'`
do
        sed "s/[&_]//g"<$i|if grep -q YOUR_WORD "$i"; then echo $i; fi
done

to find the strings in German translation.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri