Improvement suggestion

Xavier Besnard (Perso) xavier.besnard at neuf.fr
Sun Nov 28 11:20:44 GMT 2021

Hi all,
I am fully in line with Łukasz's proposition for creating a dedicated branch for the website translations, in addition to documentation and application translation branches.
Therefore, I have no idea about the feasibility, impacts and modifications to do so.
For me, the translation process/terminology/wording are a bit different between applications and documentation, justifying (for years) two separate translation branches.
For website translations, I am translating within the FR team,KDE announcements and many others websites. The translation work is a bit different to doc and apps (more HTML, links, ref, ...). Workload is greater, reactivity to changes depending on team size, requiring dedicated skills (ex: Krita or Kdenlive). Good proposition to separate websites translations for me, without mixing apps and websites.
Just to understand the naming in the new branch, Łukasz, is this what you are proposing?

  * messages/documentation-docs-kdenlive-org/ ==>
    messages/websites/kdenlive-org
  * messages/websites-kde-org ==> messages/websites/kde-org (with files
    frameworks_announcements.po menu_shared.po  promo.po
    release_announcements.po www_www.po)

Hope it helps.

Cheers. Xavier

--