Disappearing translations and maintaining consistency over branches

Edward Wornar edi.werner at gmx.de
Sat Nov 27 09:48:35 GMT 2021

Hello,

I have two maybe unrelated questions:

- Every once in a while, tranlations disappear when I install an updated
translation on my computer. I am aware that this is being caused by changes in
the source files. Often I can see the now for my computer missing translations
in the files, commented out. Since I want to provide my translations for other
users, how do I go about this and prevent them from disappearing w.o. breaking
anything?

Just a very concrete example, only yesterday the Sorbian translation for
kmail's submenu entries 'Mark message as important/Read/Unread' have
disappeared. (I have an up-to-date installation of KDE Neon.)

- Since it is mostly me doing all the translation work, I am translating in
the stable branch, but some bits are already there in trunk. How do I get
changes (e.g. terminology) I make in stable over to trunk in the most efficient
way?

Best

Edi