Translation How-To renewal

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Wed Jun 23 18:46:09 BST 2021

Hi,

As it was decided on our Akademy meeting our general translation manual [1]
should be rewritten to take into account the following requirements

1. The translation howto should be task-oriented
2. It should be concise.
3. It should address the following topics
  “I want to start translating language foo”
  “I’ve tried contacting language team foo but no answer”
     when a team exist, when a team doesn’t exist (or doesn’t exist anymore)
  “I’ve got translation access, how do I move forward”
    clear information on where translations can be found and the meaning of
branches, and how to update and commit
   Advanced information are fine, but should not hinder the comprehension of
the the simple tasks

As you might know, the current manual code is here [2].

Please add your ideas and suggestions on the new content. Some points can be
found in [3, 4].

Best regards,
Yuri

[1] https://l10n.kde.org/docs/translation-howto/
[2] https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/www/areas/l10n/docs/translation-howto/
[3] https://rabbitictranslator.com/wordpress/index.php/2020/01/19/
contributing-to-kde-localization/
[4] https://rabbitictranslator.com/wordpress/index.php/2020/02/24/
contributing-to-kde-simple-localization/