Fuzzy Your emails and Your names

Phu Hung Nguyen phuhnguyen at disroot.org
Fri Jun 18 10:39:00 BST 2021

 > > Hello everyone.
 > >
 > > I am working on Czech translations in Summit.
 > >
 > > I noticed that Your emails and Your names strings are occasionally
 > > marked as fuzzy and replaced by some string.
 > >
 > > That leads to the loss of information about contributors.
 >
 > Uhm, interesting, I've never observed this. Do you have a specific
example
 > where this happened?
 >
 > > You can see that for example on digiKam where I am now incorrectly
 > > stated as the only contributor.
 >
 > Maybe those strings was removed and readded in the source code for
some reason?

I just did a little investigation. A comparison between Czech and my
language (Vietnamese) helps showing what happened.

The latest revision of Czech translation of digikam.po that does not
contain the "Your names" message is revision 1601729 [1], it appeared
(maybe again) in the revision 1601730 [2]. Checking the two
correspondent revisions in the Vietnamese translation, one can see that
the message was translated but obsolete in revision 1601729 [3], and not
obsolete anymore in revision 1601730 [4].

So just for the case of digikam.po, my conclusion is that tosky's guess
is correct: the message existed at some point in the past, was removed
before revision 1601729 and was readded in revision 1601730.

 > So I am wondering:
 > 1) How can I fix that? Meaning, how can I get the real list of the
contributors?
 > 2) Could you please prevent Your emails and Your names ever being
 > marked as fuzzy?

1) To get the list of contributors, you can try opening the PO file in a
text editor (e.g. Kate) instead of your translation program, and check
those lines at the beginning of the file, before the first empty pair of
msgid and msgstr.

2) Though I guess it's doable, I'm not sure doing this is free of side
effects. Let's see what tosky thinks.

---

[1]
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/cs/messages/digikam/digikam.po?revision=1601729