T13514: Migrate KDE translations to Git

Alexander Potashev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 14 15:31:43 GMT 2021

aspotashev added a comment.

  In T13514#237699 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T13514#237699>, @aacid wrote:

  > "Git should facilitate integration with external translation file trees maintained by Linux distributions (e.g. BaseALT)"
  >  Let me rephrase this for you: "We're doing things wrong, can you please change your upstream behaviour so it's less painful for us to do things wrong?"

  Okay, this requirement is now obsolete because we've granted SVN write access to someone from BaseALT's translation team.

  Another problem with SVN is, it's slow. It sometimes takes at least 10 minutes to "svn cleanup" + "svn up" when only the translations from branches trunk/kf5 and stable/kf5 are checked out, making the full run of scripty slow on my laptop (note: I don't use SSD, that might be the reason). A similar Git command (e.g. git reset --hard) would be much faster for a similarly sized repo.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T13514