Small freeze break on kontact stable

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sun Jan 10 18:36:03 GMT 2021

Albert Astals Cid skreiv 10.01.2021 19:01:
>> And if this is a general rule for appdata files, perhaps the
>> ‘check-tp-kde’ script (Pology sieve) could be updated to check for this
>> problem? And/or the SVN commit hook?
> It's not for all appdata strings, it seems only applies to screenshot/caption (no idea why).
>
> Yes, i guess we could check this in pology or even a svn commit hook, but given this doesn't seem to happen almost never personally i'm not sure it's a good investment.
>
> But if someone has patches let's review them and get them in:)

I’m not too familiar with how the ‘check-tp-kde’ sieve works, but for
any translators using Pology, you can run this command (from the
‘messages’ folder) to get a list of invalid appdata screenshot strings.

   posieve find-messages -scomment:'path: screenshot/caption' -sactive
-smsgstr:'\.$' */*.appdata.po

Adding ‘-slokalize’ will in theory open the strings in Lokalize, but
doesn’t work on my system anymore, as my OS doesn’t provide a
‘python-dbus’ package for Python anymore (and pip2 can’t find any such
package).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer