Small freeze break on kontact stable

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jan 10 18:01:18 GMT 2021

El diumenge, 10 de gener de 2021, a les 16:38:00 CET, Karl Ove Hufthammer va escriure:
> Luigi Toscano skreiv 10.01.2021 14:52:
> > Albert Astals Cid ha scritto:
> >> Add to remove the ending . in 3 sentences on kontact appdata because that was blocking the release on some build systems that are extremely strict about format.
> >>
> >> Please update the translations to also not contain a .
> > If it blocks the builds, maybe we can forcibly update the translation
> > (removing a "." seems pretty safe even if you don't speak the language).
>
> And if this is a general rule for appdata files, perhaps the
> ‘check-tp-kde’ script (Pology sieve) could be updated to check for this
> problem? And/or the SVN commit hook?

It's not for all appdata strings, it seems only applies to screenshot/caption (no idea why).

Yes, i guess we could check this in pology or even a svn commit hook, but given this doesn't seem to happen almost never personally i'm not sure it's a good investment.

But if someone has patches let's review them and get them in :)