T13514: Migrate KDE translations to Git

Freek de Kruijf freekdekruijf at kde.nl
Tue Jan 5 10:36:18 GMT 2021

Op maandag 4 januari 2021 14:24:04 CET schreef Freek de Kruijf:
> Op donderdag 31 december 2020 20:27:43 CET schreef Luigi Toscano:
> > ltoscano closed subtask T4803: Consolidate
> > {branches/stable,trunk}/l10n-{kde4,kf5}/scripts into a git repository as
> > "Resolved".
> >
> > TASK DETAIL
> >
> >   https://phabricator.kde.org/T13514
> >
> > To: ltoscano
> > Cc: heikobecker, omeritzics, yaron, Abella, yurchor, zerg, clel,
> > xyquadrat,
> > woltherav, subins2000, huftis, rempt, kamathraghavendra, thiagosueto,
> > #localization, dkazakov, nalvarez, aacid, pino, ltoscano, aspotashev,
> > bittin, krisfremen, phunh, fbampaloukas, sdepiets, skadinna, pshinjo
>
> I lost updating using svn of the scripts folder.
> What git command do I need to get the files in this folder, both for
> l10n-kde4 and l10n-kf5.

The command I was looking for to get the files is:

git clone https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/l10n-scripty.git

which delivers master in the subfolder 'l10n-scripty' of the current folder,
used for kf5 trunk.
To get a list of branches I use:

cd l10n-scripty
git branches -r

which delivers quite a list, the following:
  origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  origin/KDE/3.4
  origin/KDE/4.0
  origin/KDE/4.1
  origin/KDE/4.10
  origin/KDE/4.11
  origin/KDE/4.12
  origin/KDE/4.13
  origin/KDE/4.14
  origin/KDE/4.2
  origin/KDE/4.3
  origin/KDE/4.4
  origin/KDE/4.5
  origin/KDE/4.6
  origin/KDE/4.7
  origin/KDE/4.8
  origin/KDE/4.9
  origin/kde4-l10n_work
  origin/master
  origin/stable_l10n
  origin/stable_l10n-kde4
  origin/stable_l10n-kf5
  origin/stable_l10n-kf5-plasma-lts
  origin/trunk_l10n-kde3
  origin/trunk_l10n-kde4

to get a specific branch Luigi mentioned:

git checkout <name_of_branch>

So for kf5 branch I use:

git checkout stable_l10n-kf5

which changes the content of folder l10n-scripty to the versions of the files
belonging to kf5 branch.

The command:

git up

updates the files to their current versions of the current branch.
For this to work you may need a definition in ~/.gitconfig like:

[alias]
        up = pull --rebase

--
fr.gr.