Java printf format strings in lookandfeel translation file

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Tue Apr 6 20:19:26 BST 2021

Albert Astals Cid skreiv 13.03.2021 19:11:
> I guess someone mixed up Java with JavaScript that is the syntax most similar in terms of how the language is written for QML.
>
> Problem is that if we switch to JavaScript the same relies, xgettext doesn't have a javascript+kde mode and still wants a printf-like string, so i've switched it to be C++, for now all strings are extracted properly and the marker is back to not requiring a printf-like format.
>
> https://invent.kde.org/plasma/plasma-workspace/-/merge_requests/711

Thanks. I still had some problems merging a (now valid) summit PO file
into the stable branch, so I have cherry-picked your change to the
stable branch. (The msgid and msgctxt values aren’t being changed, so
this shouldn’t create any fuzzy strings.) I have also fixed a similar
problem for a QML file in KDE Connect (stable and master).

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer