Plasma 5.20 beta announce

Josep Ma. Ferrer txemaq at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:03:08 BST 2020

El 6/10/20 a les 22:01, Xavier (Perso) ha escrit:
> Hi Carl, Hi Albert, Hi everybody,
>
> Thank you for your feedback.
>
> For information, I translated in French, the last version of
> kde-org-announcements-releases.po and commited it yesterday. Hoping to
> be just-on-time to see a Plasma 5.20 announcement page in French.
>
> For the second point: May be with two fields "TRANSLATOR_NAME" and
> "TRANSLATION_EMAIL" in the ".po" file. There is something like that in
> the docmessage files with "ROLES_OF_TRANSLATORS". The content of the
> fields could be defined by each localization team.

This only works if there is only one translator for all announcements
for the same language. If announcements are translated by two or more
translators, we need a "TRANSLATOR_NAME" and "TRANSLATION_EMAIL" for
each announcement, with different field names. This will add additional
work and complexity, from my point of view. On the other hand, there
aren't mentions to authors in webpages, so neither will be to
translators, IMHO

Josep Ma. Ferrer