knavalbattle: Proposal to move an entity to user.entiries

Antoni Bella Pérez antonibella5 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 11 11:12:42 GMT 2020

El divendres, 11 de desembre de 2020, a les 11:53:10 CET, Luigi Toscano va
escriure:
> Yuri Chornoivan ha scritto:
> > пʼятниця, 11 грудня 2020 р. 12:38:22 EET Antoni Bella Pérez написано:
> >>   Hi,
> >>
> >>   This entity are currently in the general.entities file
> >>
> >> <!ENTITY knavalbattle "<application>Naval Battle</application>">
> >>
> >>   I consider that it should be possible to translate everywhere,
> >>
> >> and that's why I ask you to think about it. The .desktop entry is already
> >> translated.
> >>
> >>   Am I going well or would it be better an otherwise?
> >>
> >>   Regards
> >>   Toni
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Changes like this break many things at once:
> >
> > 1. CI will break until Frameworks update.
> > 2. Translators workflow will break as you cannot compile the translation
> > until the Frameworks package updated or until you break the package
> > management by replacing your file.
> > 3. Packaging will break for updated translations (Applications and
> > Frameworks have different schedules now).
> > 4. Translations will be broken for those who do not know or ignore changes
> > in Frameworks (untranslated "Naval Battle").
> >
> > I'm very unhappy with such changes. It would be better to avoid them for
> > old documentation if there are no good reasons to implement such updates.
> >
> > Let's not make things overcomplicated where we do not need to do so.
>
> ... but we can track it and apply it when we branch Frameworks 6.0, where
> everything will break anyway!

  I agree with both.

  Another solution would be to apply a translatable entity to the docbook file
until these changes are applied.

<!ENTITY i18n-knavalbattle "<application>Naval Battle</application>">

  Regards
  Toni
--
Dubta que les estrelles siguin foc.