Re: gcompris deutsche Übersetzung

Johnny Jazeix jazeix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 10:05:24 GMT 2023

Hi Florian,

Sorry for the mail in English.

I'm one of GCompris' maintainer. I was looking for something else in the
German mailing list and I found your mail.

I don't know if you had an answer but in case you haven't here is the
generic help page for translators to know what to translate:
https://gcompris.net/wiki/How_to_translate.

To be more precise on your case, you want to improve the wordlist for
reading activities and the German file can be found at
https://invent.kde.org/education/gcompris/-/blob/master/src/activities/wordsgame/resource/default-de.json

If you update it, feel free to either create a merge request if you know
how to do it, or directly send me the file, and I'll create the merge
request so German contributor can review it.

Note: if you update a .po file, there is a German process to handle it (I
think with phabricator), creating a merge request only applies on json
files which are in the git repository.

Cheers,
Johnny