Display issue on kmail welcome screen

Jürgen Jäckle divmails1 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 13 12:38:50 BST 2021

Hello,

I am new here and (yet) not familiar with translation process but want to
inform about a display issue on kmail's welcome screen the quick way.

There is an addtional message - only be shown at first startup of kmail -
which is displayed as plain text instead of html for reasons I don't know. In
this message a "&gt" is shown instead of ">" as part of actually intended
arrow "->".

To get around this issue I would suggest using either ">" or a real right
arrow symbol in german translation.

So I personally would prefer using an UTF-8 right arrow symbol in octal
notation in german kmail.po if this is compliant with your translation rules
as follows:

#: about/introduction_kmail.html:34
msgid ""
"Please take a moment to fill in the KMail configuration panel at Settings-"
">Configure KMail. You need to create at least a default identity and "
"incoming as well as outgoing mail account."
msgstr ""
"Bitte nehmen Sie sich einen Moment Zeit, um die KMail-Einstellungen unter "
"Einstellungen\342\236\224KMail einrichten auszufüllen. Sie müssen zumindest
eine "
"primäre Identität sowie je ein Postfach für den Posteingang und Postausgang "
"anlegen."

I successfully tested this with a manually adopted kmail.po for kmail versions
5.14.2 up to newest 5.18.40 Beta.