Fwd: Some very important words about translation of playground-multimedia/kalva.pot

Stephan Johach lucardus at onlinehome.de
Fri Jul 29 14:49:37 CEST 2005

Hallo zusammen!

Für die Akten! Deutsche Übersetzung scheint schon fertig zu
sein.

Gruß,
Stephan

Subject: Some very important words about translation of
playground-multimedia/kalva.pot
Date: Freitag, 29. Juli 2005 07:23
From: Andreas Silberstorff <ml at andreas-silberstorff.de>
To: kde-i18n-doc at kde.org

Hello to all translators willing and dilingy translating
playground-multimedia/kalva.pot.
I was very pleased to see that there allready exist some translations
(estonian 100% :-) , brezhoneg and irish gaelic ).

There is an issue I have to warn about. Most of the gui was created using
 Qt's Designer. I am not able to mark the strings that are entrys for
 listboxes as strings that should not be translated.

This applies to three listboxes.

The frequence tables should not be translated, otherwise scantv does not work
as it needs the english name of the frequence table.

The other two Listboxes are both scaling lists. If these are  translated you
will get problems when using a downloaded quality profile. I hope to fix this
with a later version but for 0.7.0 it is neccessary for the profiles to
function that the scalings are not translated as kalva tries to set the
active entry via the complete string when a profile is read.

Sorry for the brezhoneg and estonian translaters, as you allready translated
these strings.

I didn't realize how time consuming translating kalva can be... ;-)
Have a nice time,
Greetings,
Andreas