KOffice

Martin Ellis m.a.ellis at ncl.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 15:37:02 CEST 2005

On Friday 08 Jul 2005 14:06, you wrote:
> You better link to the standard KDE web pages for instructions on how to
> translate kexi. Otherwise you spread confusion as not every translator
> seems to be aware of i18n.kde.org and the team pages there.

Good idea.  I'm reworking some of our wiki at the moment anyway.

> So I
> think you should contact the responsible persons who are
> doing the neccessary copy actions to stable on how this should
> be handled for kexi.

Jaroslaw Staniek (Kexi maintainer) was nagging David Faure about this
for some time.  Last I heard it wasn't technically possible to do have
translations for KOffice and independent releases, but that was just after
SVN migration and the situation may have changed.

Anyway, I think I'll leave it to the experts! :o)

> Every translator should contact his translation team first. If Peter did
> not it's not your fault.

Unfortunately, I think I have to take the blame here.

I encouraged him to use KBabel to try translating a few strings, because I
thought he'd have more confidence contacting the translation team if he knew
he had the technical skills necessary first.  I guess I may not have been
clear enough that he should not try to translate a significant portion of the
application, and I apologise unreservedly for the time I've wasted as a
result.

Martin