Fwd: Kroupware translations

Thomas Diehl kde-i18n-de@mail.kde.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:31:07 +0100

--Boundary-00=_7aKS+nYNvZAnvht

Subject: Kroupware translations
Date: Montag, 10. Februar 2003 23:45
From: Marc Mutz <mutz@kde.org>
To: kde-i18n-doc@kde.org

Hi!

As you might know we'll be releasing the Kroupware Project's result in a
few days, together with (self-made) German translations.

The Kroupware consortium (Kalle's company Klaralvdalens Datakonsult,
Martin Konold's company Erfrakon and Intevation) has won the bid to
develop a Free Software groupware solution (server and client) for the
German BSI (federal IT security agency). The client is based on
modified versions of KMail, KOrganzier and other well-known KDE
applications in the kroupware_branch'es of kdenetwork and kdepim in KDE
CVS. See kroupware.kde.org for more.

Now, on the server side we see a big interest in the project from all
over the world. That indicates that there might be demand for a
Kroupware release with translations other than German (which we were of
course required to deliver).

The question is now, whether you (the individual language teams) would
be interested to do this translation. Much of the new or changed
strings will be or have already been merged back into CVS HEAD, thus
you could reuse some of the translations you create here.

I realize that you had or still have much work with the KDE 3.1 release
recently, but maybe some of you feel already bored again :-))

We have currently kroupware_branch'ed some kde-i18n/de subdirs to put
our translations there, so if you are of the German language team and
want to laugh at our childish attempts at translation (and do better
than that ;-), you're welcome to commit corrections to the
kroupware_branch of e.g. kde-i18n/de/messages/{kdepim,kdenetwork}.
We'll pick them up as part of our beta packaging.

If other language teams would like to help, I guess we'd need to branch
more kde-i18n subdirs. But that's Coolo's to decide, I guess (what with
CVS server load and that).

Looking forward to hear from you,
Marc

--
Military justice is to justice what military music is to music.
                                                  -- Groucho Marx

KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de