[Kde-hardware-devel] udisks2 status for floppy drives

Jacopo De Simoi jacopods at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:27:55 UTC 2014

On Thursday 01 May 2014 14:00:00 you wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2014 17:48:13 Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> > Regarding the bug I think the proper
> > fix is to not pop up when the plasmoid
> > is created, it's rather annoying to see
> > it even if you just started your session
> > with an usb stick.
>
> Ok, this I have fixed now with commit
> 42310a7851049d7706c66874f363ce7ef73655df
>
> Now let us go back on topic; should we manage floppy discs as we manage
> optical discs? is there a way to do that and how can we work around the
> shortcomings of floppy drives?

Ok, as far as I understand now, there is no guarantee that the floppy drive
would actually react to an inserted disc (although some newer models do some
magic, because on my machine the disc gets automounted), therefore we cannot
rely on any signal or property change.

I guess the only thing to do is to change the 0B removable media with a better
string and leave the floppy disk icon there for good, as Daniel suggested.

Any other thoughts?

Best,
 __J