[Kde-hardware-devel] udisks2 status for floppy drives

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Thu May 1 21:00:00 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 30 April 2014 17:48:13 Daniel Nicoletti wrote:
> Regarding the bug I think the proper
> fix is to not pop up when the plasmoid
> is created, it's rather annoying to see
> it even if you just started your session
> with an usb stick.
Ok, this I have fixed now with commit 42310a7851049d7706c66874f363ce7ef73655df

Now let us go back on topic; should we manage floppy discs as we manage
optical discs? is there a way to do that and how can we work around the
shortcomings of floppy drives?

> > IMHO the icon must be there as most PC's floppy drives
> > that I know of doesn't inform about having a disk or not,
> > I think if a user doesn't want to see it, he
> > could just disable it in the BIOS.

I guess part of the problem is that some users do not have that option in
their BIOS.