[Kde-hardware-devel] Loop device description return by udisks2 backend

Jerome Venturi jerome.venturi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 12:52:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

I was looking a way to change the name of the loop device found in
dolphin's place panel. I found it's solid udisks2 backend which return an
hard coded description in
"backends/udisks2/udisksdevice.cpp"  line 254 :

if (isLoop())
         return QObject::tr("Loop Device");

Is there any raison to hard coding this ?
I just try to change by this :

 if (isLoop())
      return volumeDescription();

And i get the label found by the udisksctl command line when i mounted an
iso file (udf) and also  i get the label display in the dolphin's place
panel.

I don't really know if this is the right way to modify this.
I don't really know about c++ coding. See small patch
attached.
Sorry for my poor english, hope you understand me
This is solid in kde (libs) 4.12.3.

Thanks !