[Kde-hardware-devel] Problems with KDE settings and Kscreen... I think...

George R Goffe grgoffe at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 3 08:55:07 UTC 2013

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Fedora system from Fedora 16 to Fedora 19 x86_64 and have been "exploring"... changing things from their defaults to the way I had things in Fedora 16.

I have been having a heck of a time with KDE settings and Kscreen.

I have an Asus laptop with a Samsung "TV" as the second monitor connected via HDMI. I used to be able to disable the laptop screen and just use the Samsung. I use "system settings" -> "hardware" -> "display and monitor" -> "display configuration" to attempt this. I get problems:

1) I frequently loose the mouse. Where is it? In the other display that is now dark?
2) The current widgets (Konsole and Firefox) shift their locations, some of the Konsoles (I have 3 up) disappear and some actually are relocated to another part of the screen. Sometimes about half way off the right hand edge of the display.
3) I seem to be getting X core files as well although I've not yet pinpointed the steps required to do this. Maybe it's ctrl-alt-backspace?
4) ctrl-alt-backspace is DEFINITELY my friend.

Could some kind soul give me some pointers or hints or tips or clues about this problem? I'd like to give back to the opensource community if possible.

Regards,

George...