[Kde-hardware-devel] upnp backends, what to do with them?

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Oct 9 17:35:04 UTC 2012

For some weeks/months now the upnp backend as not been building with this
error:

libHUpnp.a(hmulticast_socket.o):
(.data.rel.ro._ZTVN5Herqq4Upnp16HMulticastSocketE[_ZTVN5Herqq4Upnp16HMulticastSocketE]+0xe8):
undefined reference to `QAbstractSocket::writeData(char const*, long
long)'

I remember that we were super close to have it working but we failed to finish
the last mile :/

So I can't stop wondering what to do with those backends.

kupnp is already disabled in cmake, what's its status?

upnp is not working, but I'm quite sure we almost got it working at some
point. Is anyone willing to step up and try to gix it?

Paulo, Kossebau, do you feel like giving this another try ?

I'd really love to see this moving forward, upnp support is quite important :/

Cheerz !