[Kde-hardware-devel] GSock Project

Lakshminarayanan Srinivasan sanjay.slnarayanan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 01:19:18 UTC 2012

Without an application , U can do it using libmtp but mtp transfer is very
very slow.
I have a galaxy S i9000 and transfering a 4GB music took a really long
time. The new galaxy nexus
supports only mtp transfer and a lot of people have been complaining about
slow speeds.
Please do correct me if thats not the case with other phones.

As far as samsung is concerned , it has a Kies mode which launches an app
to establish connection with
the desktop client. Similarly HTC too has a HTC sync mode to sync with
their respective clients.

Also only after ICS 4.0 the mtp interface comes on by default and for other
older android OS, u need to rely on
an application to establish the mtp connection. Even then u need to change
the USB connection mode between
mtp and USB mass storage very often as most of the times I prefer using
mass storage for transfering large files(like applications)
and other things.

I am pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science And Engineering at
International Institute Of Information And Technology,Hyderabad,India.I am
doing my 2nd yr currently.
I have developed apps with C++ although not using Qt(which I ll have to
learn).

" About synchronizing music/files, there is already one guy working on the
needed software to do that, so the GSoC should not include that part."
 So what exactly is the boundary of this project??

S.Lakshminarayanan