[Kde-hardware-devel] GSoC Project: Easy partitioning in Solid/Dolphin

Mikhail Krishtop mikhailkrishtop at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 19:07:06 UTC 2012

Hi, guys!

Just want to clarify what you expect to see in this proposal.

Basic partition management operations:

   - create file system
   - create partition table
   - new
   - delete
   - resize
   - copy
   - check
   - backup
   - restore
   - set file system label
   - set partition flags

do I forgot something?

Solid API would consist of Solid::PartitionManagerPrivate
and Solid::PartitionManager. It would use
udisk<http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/udisks>'s
D-Bus to take access to the udisk library.

I don't understand  this "this new interface, taking ispiration from the
work already done for the Chakra Linux installer Tribe" in
description<http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#Project:_Easy_partitioning_in_Solid.2FDolphin>
.
Do you mean KDE partition manager(optimized by the Chakra-project) which is
start when I click "Advanced" on the Disk Setup page? If not, can you
please say me where I can find this part of Tribe.

Mikhail