[Kde-hardware-devel] PowerManager Library

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:11:36 UTC 2012

2012/6/20 Lamarque V. Souza <lamarque at kde.org>:
> "Heavy work" is just a manner of speaking :-) It's too bad that each module
> should implement such a thread way of doing things. We could add something
> reusable like kded implementing each module as a thread. It should work
> (famous last words).
I thought of that but it won't work, first because
we don't know which module is thread-safe, secondly
because there are a few modules which need to be in
the main thread (such as colord-kde and krandr because
they need to listen to X events). In the colord-kde case
I moved just the "heavy work" (reading files) to a thread.
My plan is to help each KDED developer to port their modules
to use threads (which is very easy), but I didn't had time
yet to start, KMix and NetworkManager which are the
most verbose ones on the terminal would surely come
first, but I need the maintainers willing to do the change...

Best,
Daniel.