[Kde-hardware-devel] PowerManager Library

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Wed Jun 20 22:37:26 UTC 2012

Em Wednesday 20 June 2012, Daniel Nicoletti escreveu:
> > I mentioned desktop freezes in general, not that particular bug. Hmm I
> > guess you created a thread that communicates with dbus and another that
> > does the heavy work. Ok, that would be good approach to prevent kded
> > modules from blocking kded.
>
> Well there is no heavy work on Apper, so it's just one new thread for all
> the work it already used to do. The good thing is that kded just loads the
> module and all the work is done on another thread so kded forks soon.

	"Heavy work" is just a manner of speaking :-) It's too bad that each
module should implement such a thread way of doing things. We could add
something reusable like kded implementing each module as a thread. It should
work (famous last words).

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer