[Kde-hardware-devel] status of udisks2 in Solid

Lisa Vitolo syn.shainer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:56:14 UTC 2012

>  I am not working on udisks2 so I cannot comment on that. Lukas Tinkl <
> lukas at kde.org> is the one driving solid's udisks2 backend implementation.
> He is in the mailing list, so he will eventually answer your e-mail.

Ok I will wait for him. Actually we already talked about this topic and I
was under the impression that the udisks2 backend was far from being
included in a release plan, but since then some months passed so maybe
things changed a bit.

>  Can you create a patch and send it to http://git.reviewboard.kde.org?
> Reviewboard makes it easier to point in the source code what should be
> changed. Thanks for your work on this topic :-)

I can certainly do that, but be warned that is a *huge* amount of code,
mostly on new files. I will update also a description of the basic
organization, as a small guide, and everything should be in the reviewboard
before today's night or tomorrow at most.

Lisa

--
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when
there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.”