[Kde-hardware-devel] status of udisks2 in Solid

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Tue Dec 4 12:39:18 UTC 2012

Em Monday 03 December 2012, Lisa Vitolo escreveu:
> Hello,

	Hello,

> due to personal commitments I unfortunately had few opportunities of
> keeping track with the most recent events in the KDE community, but I
> noticed there are still some uncertainties about how the switch to udisks2
> will be managed. I know Solid has been testing its own backend for udisks2
> from some time, so I just wished to know in few words what the
> state-of-the-art is (you can point me to appropriate links, no need to
> explain everything here in the list).

	I am not working on udisks2 so I cannot comment on that. Lukas Tinkl
<lukas at kde.org> is the one driving solid's udisks2 backend implementation. He
is in the mailing list, so he will eventually answer your e-mail.

> By the way, I talked with Alex in the Solid IRC channel, but it's worth
> mentioning in a more official place: my code is now in a usable status and
> awaiting for a review. I apologise for the huge delay from the end of the
> GSoC project until last week or so, but as I said, other commitments kept
> me away from this for longer than they were supposed to. Of course the code
> is publicly available at my repository
> https://gitorious.org/solid-partitioner/solid-partitioner in the
> partitioner branch, and I am always around for any clarification you may
> need.

	Can you create a patch and send it to http://git.reviewboard.kde.org?
Reviewboard makes it easier to point in the source code what should be
changed. Thanks for your work on this topic :-)

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer