[Kde-hardware-devel] Identifying iPod and iPhone-like devices using Solid

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Tue Nov 22 22:55:39 UTC 2011

> IIRC that was the intent of the PortableMediaPlayer interface. So that
> applications don't need to go directly for m-p-i, libmtp or whatever for the
> basic information.

What is basic information? is basic information the path where Music is
located ? is basic information what kind of mimetypes they can play?

If so, then we can add some API into PortableMediaPlayer but that would
mean adding API which means break the kdelibs freeze which means
Frameworks 5 -- libsolid2