[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Strange issue with power management

Ozan Çağlayan ozan at pardus.org.tr
Sun Mar 27 23:17:14 CEST 2011

On 28.03.2011 00:03, Alex Fiestas wrote:
> On Sunday 27 March 2011 22:57:52 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
>> Isn't this a little bit weird? How does KDE/Solid detects the idleness
>> of the system?

> Something I discussed with dario month's go was the possibility to implement a
> plugin that just before suspension it will check idleness and act on
> consequence, as you may guess we never finish that line of work.

Well if there were a single hook which would check the idleness, there
will be no need for any other hooks as the system is *not idle* when
there's a video playback for example. Am I wrong?

Because it is quite impossible to create hooks for every possible
scenario. For example, if an e-mail client is running but not doing
anything, the machine can suspend but if it is downloading mail headers,
we should not suspend as we explicitly left it open for checking out the
headers.

Thanks!

--
Ozan Caglayan