[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Strange issue with power management

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Sun Mar 27 23:03:00 CEST 2011

On Sunday 27 March 2011 22:57:52 Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
> Isn't this a little bit weird? How does KDE/Solid detects the idleness
> of the system?
It doesn't (proactively at least).

What PowerDevil implements y a system of "hooks", which allow the prevention
of events, such suspension. A clear example for that is a video player, in
theory when a video player is reproducing it should enable one of those hooks
to prevent the system suspension.

Something I discussed with dario month's go was the possibility to implement a
plugin that just before suspension it will check idleness and act on
consequence, as you may guess we never finish that line of work.

Maybe this is something to do for 4.7.