[Kde-hardware-devel] NFS and Samba share identifier

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Wed Mar 2 11:16:07 CET 2011

Hello.

(please CC me as I am not subscribed to the list)

I have the following problem:
I need a mapping from mount paths to the corresponding nfs or samba
share URL (something like <host>:/path or //<host>/...). Currently Solid
does give me information about the mounts but I have no way to access
the URL or the type of the mount.
Thus, my question is: could this information be added, preferably even
in a new interface type so it is simpler to identify nfs or smb shares.
I imagine something like (names are pretty random):

if(device.is<Solid::NetworkShare>()) {
   Solid::NetworkShare* share = device.as<Solid::NetworkShare>();
   if(share->type() == "nfs") [...]
}

This or an enumeration instead of the string "nfs" or whatever is more
Solidish. :P

If this is something that would be acceptable I would even be willing to
help with the implementation of the interface.

Cheers,
Sebastian