[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Solid::Control usage

Alex Fiestas afiestas at kde.org
Thu Feb 10 22:18:45 CET 2011

On 02/10/2011 09:11 PM, David Hubner wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       Anyone know the plans for Solid::Control ? Is it staying in
> kdebase-workspace? I heard it was being merged into the network-manager
> applet but I am not sure thats correct... Its just I have some KCM code
> waiting and was hoping to push it for 4.7 after review but I don't want
> to do that if solid::control is going to be merged.
All Solid::Control is deprecated and we hope to get rid of all the code
there for KDE Platform 4.7, so any usage of it is unadvised.

Will Stephenson is working on merge the Solid::Control networkmanagement
bits into a new lib which as far as I know is around 80% completed and
until March he won't be able to work on it again.

If I'm wrong, please Will correct me.