[Kde-hardware-devel] KSolidNotifier - the return of the hacks - or what to do for frameworks

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Wed Dec 7 12:15:52 UTC 2011

On 2011-12-07, Lamarque V. Souza <lamarque at kde.org> wrote:
> 	I think 3) is that most cleaner solution from source code point of view.
> I am wondering if we should keep UI specific code outside Solid. Is there any
> plan to support using Solid with Qt-only apps and not KNotification? Maybe for

My work is according to my plan ending up with a couple of libraries.
the most lowlevel one is going to have dependencies on QtCore and QtDBus
and probably QtGui (due to needing QPixmap and QImage), and can just do
the 'send popup notifications' part of things.

> Plasma Active we will need a different notification system or at least
> different UI to fit small screens.

The UI is a completely different thing that I'm not looking into. For
popup notifications, it is basically just a small api around the
notification dbus spec, and then refitting knotification on top of that.

/Sune