[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Announcing new chief metalworker

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:39:46 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

On Friday 15 April 2011 12:02:54 Kevin Ottens wrote:
> Hello dear metalworkers,
>
> As some of you might know, I've been working on the hardware awareness in
> the KDE community since my very first contribution in 2003. It all started
> because as a user I wanted a couple of icons in Kicker and from there I
> just kept digging lower in the stack.
>
> In parallel I've been working on other projects of the community, and some
> of them deserve more attention from me, so it's time to reduce my
> involvement in some areas, Solid being one of them.
>
> Don't be mistaken, I'm not running away screaming and leaving everyone in
> wonder, but I needed to make choices and IMO it's the right time for me to
> step down. Indeed, during the past year a lot have been achieved, and the
> community has been growing. That's why lately, I've been looking into
> someone to replace me and I'm glad I found someone so I could step down
> responsibly.
>
> So I'm happy to announce that I'm passing the torch to our own Alex
> Fiestas. You probably all know him, he's a great metalworker, and even
> seems more active and lively than me at times. I'm confident he'll be able
> to efficiently lead the community toward new adventures and getting our
> frameworks and applications to cooperate with even more different type of
> devices.

What to say, I'm indeed sad to see you step down (even though I somewhat know
that you'll still be around for good ;) ), but I'm extremely happy to see Alex
cover such an important position; besides being more than capable of holding
it, he indeed deserves such a thing.

And now let's keep on rocking!

--

Dario Freddi