[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: Kanban Wall of Solid Notes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sat Oct 9 16:35:03 CEST 2010

Hello metalworkers,

I filled most of the items relevant for libsolid as reports in bugzilla. The
ones we really want for a HAL free 4.6 release are marked as release_blocker.
If you take a look at it you will see that most are filled against the UDev
backend, so please synchronize with Rafael and try to help him as much as
possible.

On Sunday 3 October 2010 20:42:26 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Solid General
> ==============
>
> Waiting:
>     - document the status of our backends
>     - document action creation (is this actually a powerdevil kanban?)

Actually covered at least partly by Agustin mails which are in need of
volunteers for the corresponding tasks. ;-)

>     - check side effect of renaming solid product

Any taker for this one? Doesn't really fit in the bugzilla model, but needs to
be done at least for powerdevil and bluedevil who were the most impacted
during the sprint.

> UDev backend
> ==============
>
> Waiting:
>     - add support for CPUs (impossible w/ udev, find other way)

This one I filled on libsolid and not libsolid-udev as we're unclear yet where
we'll implement it (in the UDev backend, or in a specific backend).

> PowerDevil
> ==============
>
> Waiting:
>     - only one notification at a time, update existing ones in place
>     - Deprecate Solid::PowerManager sleep etc.
>     - Rename S::C::PowerManager inhibition methods
>     - deprecate old inhibition methods
>     - Make PowerDevil reject suspend calls not from KSM
>     - Discuss suspend / hibernate in KSM with Lubos, implement outcome
>     - Re-work powerdevil UI (non-action)
>     - primary battery is reported twice on single battery laptops
>
> In Progress:
>
> Network Management
> ===================
>
> Waiting:
>     - Remove libsolidcontrol usage
>     - detect and configure 3G roaming
>     - "Enable Networking" in KNM
>     - connection settings UI cleanup
>
> In Progress:
>     - NM restart kded crasher
>     - System Connection Support
>     - Show WirelessNetworks when no configured connections available

Those ones NM and PM I couldn't really tell what was relevant or not to put as
reports, so I'll let Dario, Will and Sebas do the same work I just did for
libsolid in the networkmanagement* and powermanagement* components.

Thanks in advance.

> XRandR
> =======
>
> Waiting:
>     - Fix Kephal
>     - Port KCM to Kephal
> 	- set/get brightness from XRandR for power management stuff

Those ones we have no components yet for them. I will let whoever volunteers
to implement them to actually fill reports against the right components. ;-)

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net