[Kde-hardware-devel] KDE network manager speed (icon idea?)

Donato Marrazzo marrazzo at email.it
Tue Nov 23 21:18:07 CET 2010

Hello all,

I'm using Fedora 14 - KDE 4.5.3.
I have an internal wwan card: Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0bdb:1900
Ericsson Business Mobile Networks BV F3507g Mobile Broadband Module
(Thinkpad T500).
In the kde network manager, I cannot see the quality of service of my
carrier, I mean GSM, EDGE, UMTS, etc. Connection Speed is "Unknown".
I'd like to see the network quality before of the connection as it
happens with the Gnome Network manager.
I have also an idea to improve the usability: Show the wireless
quality directly from the icon using colors, e.g. green for gprs, blue
for edge, yellow for umts, violet for HSPA... at the same time the
number of wave can show the signal power like common cell phone.

Thank you very much,
Donato