[Kde-hardware-devel] Re: kdelibs broken on non-Linux Unixes

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Nov 22 19:40:07 CET 2010

On Saturday 13 November 2010 03:24:35 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> (Please keep me CC'ed as I'm not subscribed).
>
> After the commits which have introduced the linux_dvd_rw_utils.*
> files, kdelibs does not compile on !Linux Unixes anymore -- I couldn't
> build it here on FreeBSD, and CDash reports it doesn't build on
> OpenSolaris either.

And it also now comes with a licensing issue as this file is GPLv2+, so not
complying to the kdelibs licensing... It'll have to go away in any cases.

> Simply putting the linux_dvd_rw_utils #includes inside an #ifdef
> Q_OS_LINUX does not solve the problem, as some functions are expected
> by the code. I didn't try to dig further, as this is not an area I'm
> very knowledgeable of.

Should be a handful of methods depending on it though, you could have ifdefed
in those. At that point, I'd prefer if your CMakeLists.txt modifications got
reverted and linux_dvd_rw_utils.* just removed.

Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net